This could be an interesting week of running/work.
I’m in Minneapolis, directly across the street from the Mall of America. It’s huge! The only problem is, it doesn’t appear that it will be an easy week of running. I have mapped out a 4-miler that winds through the streets near the hotel for Tuesday morning. I will see how it goes, but there could be lots of traffic to deal with.
It’s too late now for me to change my mind. I have already mapped it out, so I’m going to go with it and see how it goes…for at least one day.
My biggest for the week will be mapping out my route for Saturday’s 15-miler. There’s a wildlife refuge area nearby, but I have no idea what the trails there are like. Time to do some research.
Just for fun, here are some random facts about the Mall of America:
- Minnesota’s Mall of America is the largest, fully enclosed retail and family entertainment complex in the U.S.
- Seven Yankee Stadiums would fit inside Mall of America.
- Mall of America’s 13,300 short tons of steel is nearly twice the amount in the Eiffel Tower.
- Walking distance around one level of Mall of America is .57 of a mile.
- Spending 10 minutes in every store would take a shopper more than 86 hours to complete there visit to Mall of America.
- More than 5,000 couples have been married at Mall of America since opening in August of 1992.
- The Mall of America is located on the former Metropolitan Sports Stadium which was home to the Minnesota Vikings and Twins. Home plate can be found in Nickelodeon Universe.
- There are 30,000 live plants and 400 live trees planted in Nickelodeon Universe.